This season there is something for every BODY no matter the occasion or your shape. From varying skirt lengths, pops of colours and the continued sport luxe trend.
1) Jackets are the new pashmina. Throw your favourite blazer over your shoulders to wear it like a cape.A great way to hide arms and keep you warm.Every shape and size can try this trend over a casual t-shirt with jeans or in the evening with a dress.
2) Skirts in every length. It is about feminine skirts from knee lengths, midi and maxi. Shapes range from fitted pencil , full a-line or long maxi skirts. This means that no matter what your shape is there is a skirt for you.
3) Cut outs. This is about only showing small parts of your body and keeping the mystery alive. Choose a favourite body area from back, tummy or waist and wear items with cuts outs in these sections. One easy way to incorporate this trend immediately is take a tee and knot it on the side.
4) Sport luxe- Its back ! Add a sporty touch every day not just when going to the gym. Wear this at work with mesh panelled top or on the weekend with easy wear lounge pants.This trend is here to stay and gaining traction with not traditionally sporty brands such as Vera Wang and Chanel each incorporating this.
5) Seasonal Colours. Keeping with the feminine look there is a big focus of pastels. If you prefer strong colours use pops of red and orange. Its summer so you can never go wrong with white on white. For those with pale skin make sure you add a colour near your face so you don’t look washed out.
6) Let your body breath. After the days of the body con dress and skinny legs pants we are now seeing a movement to a more relaxed shape. Shift dresses and wide length trousers will allow you to have that extra party pie this holiday season
For more style tips or to have your own look updated by a fashion stylist contact Katie Perry